Friday, November 21, 2008

The Pixar Story (2007)

When - 19 November 2008
Where - Home (SD)
How - Netflix, via NXE

This was a nice documentary. While most of it was familiar information, I still enjoyed hearing it straight from the Pixar mouths themselves. It's great to see a studio tackle each challenge with the same vigor and excitement as the last, because they do their darndest to have everyone equally as passionate about the film as the film's heads. I heard Ed Catmull speak to us about the trials of getting Toy Story 2 on the screen, and each time it amazes me how scrappy these folks are, and what a great filmmaker John Lasseter is. I want to work for these people some day, hopefully doing something that counts, but until then, I'll gladly partake of things like this.

Buy - Yes, on the Wall-E Blu-Ray...

No comments: