Thursday, July 28, 2011

Unknown (2011)

This was a fantasy film. No question. Why? Because there is zero logic to it whatsoever. Okay, maybe not ZERO logic, but the last act of the film is dependent upon you pretty much throwing logic out the window, and indulging yourself in a ridiculous action sequence. I didn't buy it.

I wish I could spoil it, but it'd ruin the whole conceit behind the film, and while I'd love to do that and save you a Netflix or Redbox rental, I won't. I mean, the rest of the film was intriguing, so there's that. I don't remember being bored or uninterested, except for during some incredibly awkward acting that ensues while Mr. Neeson tries to convince people that "[he's] Martin Harris!!!" Phoning it in would be a compliment. He gets better, though. So, rest assured, all you Neesonites.

Still, I just can't get over the big "twist", and the events that followed after. It just made no sense.

Buy? - No. I am a Diane Kruger fan, but not THAT much of a Diane Kruger fan.

Side Note - I am not, however, a January Jones fan. Between this and X-Men: First Class, she's proven to be about as wooden an actress as ever to grace cinema. She's beautiful, but someone needs to buy that girl some acting classes. And maybe an Extra Value Meal, you know, because she's skinny?

No comments: