Friday, December 18, 2009

Avatar (2009)

I don't know what to write about this one. Just see it. See it in theaters. Don't wait for DVD on this one. I promise you that even if the story is subpar, there's more than enough eye candy to distract you from realizing the film's script is actually just Dances With Wolves in Space.

And see it in 3D. The glasses aren't too bad. They even leave little marks on your face from having rested there for a good 2 and half hours. It's like Ash Wednesday for movie nerds.

Anyway, back to the film...
Two words: Incredible filmmaking. There were moments when I was utterly convinced what I was seeing was real, and yet my mind couldn't believe it. It's not perfect, but more often than not, it works, and it works VERY well.

Loved it.

Buy? - This is a tough one. If I could buy a movie theater to see it in, then yes. On Blu-ray or DVD? It just may not have the same sorta kick, so is it worth it? We'll see...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll buy it on Blu-ray when I have a 3D laser TV. That would be AWESOME!