Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Truman Show (1998)

I remember seeing this back in the summer of '98, confused mostly, because I expected a comedy, but ultimately enraptured in it all. I don't remember a film pouncing me intellectually as hard as this film did at that point, so it was a very new experience. Not only was it a fascinating concept, but it visually was so unique and different that I couldn't help but fall instantly in love. I wasn't quite the aspiring filmmaker that I am now back then, but I'd argue that this film was one of the first to really pique my increasing interest in film as art, as well as entertainment.

Oh, and Peter Weir can do no wrong in my book, so that's that.

Side Note: This film was a part of a double bill on that day in August of 1998. The other film? Six Days, Seven Nights. A perfect pair, if I may say so.

No comments: